Level 1: SNAG Programs
SNAG stands for Starting New At Golf. Through the SNAG Program, Site Coordinators are able to create their own activities with the SNAG Equipment so that the participants will learn the fundamentals of golf. The Foundation was the first junior golf organization in the world to use the SNAG equipment and create its own programming.
There are several benefits for running a SNAG Program! Here are just a few:
- Easy to learn and teach, even for non-golfers
- Exposes youth and families to golf
- Promotes the importance of life skills
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors, which enables Site Coordinators to use it year-round
- Provides a good transition into traditional golf equipment, which is used in Level 2: Traditional Clinics.
About SNAG Golf Equipment
- The equipment was created and designed by Wally Armstrong in 2001
- The oversized equipment is made of plastic and fiberglass and tennis-like SNAG Balls are hit towards Velcro targets
- SNAG equipment comes in several different sizes so kids and adults of all ages and heights are able to use it
There is no charge for a site to borrow the SNAG Equipment.
If you are interested in starting your own SNAG Program, feel free to contact the Foundation at (630) 466-0913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.